Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What's Up Wednesday- Stamping in Gesso

*****Join our April Challenge: GET INKY, HERE***** 


Hey guys! It's Katie here today for What's Up Wednesday! I wanted to spotlight a couple of cards I made recently using my new favorite mixed media technique- Stamping in gesso!


I love all of the fun texture stamping into gesso gives your projects, and it stands out even more if you color over it with watercolors or spray mists. I used stamps from the Sacred Geometry set on the pink card and the Sunburst stamp on the blue card. I felt they were very Summer-y, so I made some embellishments using the fish and seahorse from the Mermaid stamp set as well as layering a few stickers.

 I just used regular white gesso for these. I didn't take pictures for a tutorial, but here's how I do this technique-
Use a credit card or spatula to spread a thick coat of gesso out onto cardstock. While it's still wet, gently push stamps into it and remove them. Be sure to wash the stamps off before the gesso on them dries. Once the gesso on the paper has dried, color it with watercolors.


While you're here, Check out these fun post by our other DT members-
Also, We have a NEW Paper Wings Productions facebook Share Group. We'd love for you to come join our group and share the projects you create with Paper Wings Productions stamps and kits!



2 comments:

  1. I love these cards Katie!! Your designs are always a breath of fresh air, love your style :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Katie!! So bright and fun!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...