Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dana's September Nesting Components Be Kind Be True Banner


Hi! I'm sharing a fun fall banner that I created with the fantastic September Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit from Paper Wings Productions. The kit contents are in a beautiful, rich color palette of oranges, reds, blues and browns. This kit was extra fun for me because I was introduced to two new products, Lindy's Stamp Gang Fusible Webbing and Walnut Ink Crystals.

Step 1. I started with a blank canvas pennant that I spritzed with water. The wet canvas absorbs color solutions much better than dry canvas.

Step 2. I added color with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos - 50's Diner Set, by applying the Gelatos to my craft mat, spritzing with water, blending with my finger, and then dipping the canvas into the color. I added water to a small amount of Tsukineko Walnut Ink Crystals and splattered the ink onto the canvas. I then edged the canvas with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Step 3. Once my canvas was dry, I applied Fusible Webbing with a heat gun.

Step 4. I sprinkled Lindy's Stamp Gang Two-Toned Embossing Powder in Madonna Robe Blue Gold and Golden Pumpkin Blush on top of the canvas and melted the powder with my heat gun. The end result is a super shimmery canvas piece that has a cool webbed texture.


I piled on flowers and leaves and colorful images from the Clip Art Sheet onto each pennant. Everything on this pennant is from the kit except the brown flower, white daisies, sheer leaf and brown ribbon.


I created a similar flower cluster for the other side of the banner. Everything on this pennant is from the kit except the black flower, white daisy, sheer leaf and brown ribbon.


I used a stamp from the Owl Panel Clear Stamp Set on an image that I cut from the Clip Art Sheet. The patterned leaves are from the kit, the other leaves and flowers are from my stash.

Here's a close up of the contents of the kit.

The kit contains:
Hand dyed fall ribbon - 1 yard
Fusible webbing
Prima Paper Leaves
Prima Flower Vines
Owl Panel Clear Stamp Set
Golden Pumpkin Blush Embossing Powder
Clip Art Sheet
Velvet Ric Rac 1 yard
5 Kraft Tags
Vial of Walnut Ink Crystals

Thanks so much for stopping by today! You can pick up this kit from the Paper Wings Productions Store while supplies last!


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning banner!! All of the details are amazing!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful......I just recvd a banner in canvas to embellish wasn't sure what to do.....Im going to give it a go. thanks a bunch
    please join
    defuscodesign.blogspot.com
    ty
    hugs
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful banner, Dana! I don't have the canvas, but I do have some wood panels to try this project! Very inspiring! Have a wonderful Labor Day holiday.
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Banner! Love the colors and all the flowers and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana this is so very pretty!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply amazing, Dana! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...