Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Alcohol Ink Resist Cards

Press for Progress Alcohol Ink Resist Card by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

Hi! Dana here today sharing a set of cards that I created for Women's History Month. Annually during the month of March, the contributions of women to historical events, both in the past and in contemporary society, are highlighted. I thought a resist technique was suitable for cards supporting this movement. I used a tutorial by Carrie to create these cards in which alcohol ink is removed from acetate using Archival ink. You can find her tutorial and inspirational designs HERE.

Press for Progress Alcohol Ink Resist Card Closeup by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

I chose patterned acetate sheets for the base of both of my cards. I had to dig deep into my Hambly Screen Prints stash for this, and it was totally worth it! The International Women's Day theme this year is "Press for Progress." I love the theme and the imagery of hands used in the campaign so I used both hand stamps from the Handmade Clear Stamp Set on this card.

Persist Alcohol Ink Resist Card by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

I changed the color palette for this second card, but used circles in the design again. I stamped over alcohol ink with the circles stamp from the Big Art Textures Cling Stamp Set and then rubbed away the ink with a paper towel to create the white circles.

Persist Alcohol Ink Resist Card Closeup by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

I used my Dymo tape label maker to create the sentiments for both cards.

I hope I have inspired you to try this technique!

Pin It!


Alcohol Ink Resist Cards for Womens History Month by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

2 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...