Friday, July 13, 2012

Spotlight on Penny Miner


Today we are featuring a spotlight on Penny Miner.  Penny has designed the Funky Alphabet set.  We look for more great things from Penny in the future.







Hi, I’m Penny Allen-Miner. I have an amazing husband and two VERY handsome boys….well okay they are young men (21 and 20…as of today). My husband is a retired United States Marine pilot, and currently flies for an airline, and my boys are currently in college. I am a wife and a stay at home mom who goes where I am needed!!! It’s a great job…and I am glad that I am that “someone” who has to do it!!! I thank the Lord EVERYDAY for His amazing provisions!!


I love to doodle!! I love to emboss on metal!! I love to decoupage!! I love doing personalized name art for friends!! It is fun to just sit and put pen to paper to see what I come up with. My sister, Liz is a big part of my art…..I’m not going to say she “makes” me do it…BUT…..she makes me do it ….and I am glad!! Haha!! She inspires me to be creative, and to think outside of the box!!! I am very carefree….and I live my life by faith. Having the opportunity to doodle and having it seen by Carrie has been gratifying. I am thankful to be a part of the Paper Wings team!!!


Ten Things Questionnaire:


       One of your favorite books from childhood?
          I must confess….as a child…I didn’t like to read!! I loved being outside and being active. However, when I had kids the book that I loved to read in their childhood was Willie Waiakula and the Three Mongooses!!! (A Hawaiian version of Goldie Locks and the Three Bears…complete with the pigeon dialect of the Hawaiian Islands!!!)


Two trends that you will never stop loving no matter how wrong?

Hmmmm…. I guess being a native texas girl…I will always love “big hair” and leggings or sweat pants (they are sooooo comfortable!!!).


Three of your roles in life?

First and foremost, follower of Jesus Christ.
Wife, mother and CEO of Miner Manor
Daughter, sister and friend


Four of your favorite art tools?

Pencil (for sketching the design).
Eraser (for erasing the pencil marks).
Uni-ball Vision Fade and Water-resistant pen (for the final project).
Tim Holtz red handled scissors (A DEFINITE MUST!!!).


Five Places you want to visit?

New York City
Greece
Italy…this time the Amalfi Coast
Hong Kong
Switzerland


Six sources of inspiration?

God’s beautiful earth
HGTV (hahaha…I’m addicted!!)
My family (never a dull moment there!!!)
Liz (my sister….just watching her…gives me ideas!!)
Magazines
Other artists….pinterest, blogs, internet

Seven People that you wish to thank?

God, for giving me His unconditional love and life
My parents, for raising me in a Christian home
My husband and kids, for loving me for who I am
My sisters, for being there for me in the good times and in the bad
My friends, for encouraging me in many ways
BK…for giving of her time so unselfishly to share her talent

Eight totally random bits of information:

              Do you like silence, listen to music or watch something as you create?
Well…I never know when I am going to create, so I would have to say that there has to be some kind of sound….sometimes it is Christian music…but mostly it is HGTV….

Do you cook?
Yes, I do cook. Not my favorite thing to do in the kitchen, but I do cook. I would rather be baking!!! Yummmmmmm!!!
Velma, Fred, Daphne, Shaggy or Scooby?
Scooby, of course!!! He’s got the personality!!!

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
My superpower would have to be the ability to make people happy 24/7!!!

A book you would like to live in?
An architecture homes book or Better Homes and Gardens book…..one day your home could be in the mountains…the next you could be living Coastal!!! Think of all the possibilities….

How many pets?
One…just Jake…because there is only one Jake…J!!!

What talent do you wish you had?
I think that if I could have a talent, I would want to be a musician, singer/songwriter!!

Who do you wish would decorate your house?
I would want Sarah Richardson of Sarah’s house….HGTV!!! She uses classic design with a hint of unpredictable!! Love, love her style!! If she wasn’t available, I wouldn’t object to Candice Olson or Genevieve Gorder or David Bromstad (mostly for his painting….I’m not a fan of the fake animal heads….).

Nine Items on or in your desk/worktable?

Pencils
Sharpeners
Pad of paper
Color pencils
Light
Ruler
Scissors
Metal emboss tools/metal
Light box

Ten colors you could not live without?
          Just 10??? My favorite 4 are blue, red, green and yellow…and of course all shades of those!!! Delft blue, Indigo blue, crimson, ochre, lime peel, and pink(s).

1 comment:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...