Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's Up Wednesday - Background Fun!


Hello Peeps!

Today I'm sharing a card using one of our new background stamps.  I wanted to try something different with the damask pattern Backgrounds stamp, and I love circles.  Using some Versamark ink, I stamped the pattern several times on raspberry colored paper, and embossed the pattern in white.  Then, I punched 12 circles and added them to the background of the card.




This pattern feels French to me, so why not pair it with the Eiffel Tower from the Paris set.  I used markers to color in the image, and added it to the card with foam dots.  The 'merci beaucoup' is also in this set, and I wanted to make sure it would stand out against the background.  I picked out the curved ribbon from the Banner set and stamped it on the same raspberry paper.  Since the sentiment is from a clear set, it can be curved a little, and when placed on the acrylic block, it will hold its shape. With a little more foam tape, this card is complete.


Try this background technique with a variety of stamps, such as the small flowers from the Flower Power set, or handwritten text like our Script stamp or Background Melange, any of the new Borders sets, and even flourishes from Flourish Fun 1 and Flourish Fun 2

We would love to see what you create using our stamps.  Please share your creations with us by leaving a comment and linking to your image, or you can upload it to our Flickr gallery, or even on our Facebook page.


I hope these ideas inspire your creativity!
Take Flight,

Julie



Stamps: Backgrounds, Paris and Banner
Ink: Versamark and Memento Tuxedo Black by Tsukineko
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White and raspberry pink color from my stash
Tools: Circle punch (Stampin' Up!), foam tape, Distress Makers (Ranger)
Embellishments:  Embossing Powder in Whisper White (SU!)
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, Julie! I love how you used the damask background by cutting it out into circles for a new and fresh background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card Julie. I agree with you, the damask design looks very French, and is so lovely embossed white. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...