Saturday, August 9, 2014

Scrapbook Saturday - Mixed Media Layout



Today I´m going to take you trough the process of building a mixed media style scrapbooking page by using pieces from the Soft Summer Nesting Components kit together with Paper Wings stamps.


I started off my project by applying thin gesso over a plain cardstock. This makes the cardstock stif and more resistant to water. I use a spatula to spread the gesso and don´t mind if it gets uneaven. Most of the time I use a heat gun to speed the drying process.


When the gesso and cardstock are completely dry it´s time for the fun part - paint, ink and stamps! First of all I spray water over the cardstock (on both sides). This keeps it from bending to much when applying ink. I ramdomly sprayed on mist in different colors, after drying I started stamping randomly with the background stamps from Paper Wings. Before the stamping ink was dry, I added more water to get a watercolor effect. You can see how wet it was before drying on the last picture above.


When I felt happy with my background I left it to dry again. When dry I started adding more stamped details as well as cut out paper details. I sort of build my pages step by step. First a bit of ink, then some stamps, a bit more ink, some paper pieces, more stamps etc. You get it. After some more drying (it takes a while to create a page like this one....) I started to add my decorations. 


I love how the wings turned out on the page!



And this is what the finished page looks like. Hope you enjoyed my step by step!

Inky waves from Marie Johansson.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and great tips! I was just telling Carrie that I wondered how those beautiful mixed media layouts are created. Every time I try, my paper warps a lot so I appreciate you sharing your tips on keeping it flatter. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning LO Marie! You've really showcased those fantastic stamps so very well! Love ur colour palette too! Thanks for sharing ur tips too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Marie!!! Love all the layers you used!! Thank you for sharing your process with us!! I never thought to spray the back of my cardboard!! Great tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the fun bright colors and the background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...