It's Shay here. Have you seen the amazing projects here on the blog lately: Robin's awesome bird book; Norma's stunning tag; or Julie's fabulous video? If not, go check them out and be inspired!
Today I bring you a funny little project I did recently for a monthly ATC Trade (by the way, ATC stands for Artist Trading Card) I participate in at Stamp Antonio. The theme was build-a-person/paper dolls so I decided to merge a couple paper wings productions stamps together to create a new character.
I wanted to see what Louise would look like as a geisha. I found the geisha trio stamp in Melange Women 2 that I thought would work well as Louise's new body.
- Stamp Louise with black ink. Color in Louise's head in with Copic markers and cut her head out. Edge head with black pen.
- Stamp geisha trio from Melange Women 2 in black ink on white cardstock. Color in center geisha's hand, fan, feet and neck. Stamp geisha in black ink on patterned paper and cut out center geisha's kimono. Stamp geisha trio again in black ink on white cardstock. Color in hand in front of kimono and cut out.
- Attach kimono and hand to center geisha on geisha trio with colored in fan, neck and feet. Cut out trio. Attach Louise's head over center geisha's head. Color in background with Copic markers. Edge geishas with black ink using sponge or ink applicator tool.
- Stamp sun with yellow, orange and red inks from Earth & Sky. Cut out and adhere under the heads of the geishas.
- Create an ATC sized background (2.5 inches x 3.5 inches) for your geishas. I used patterned paper, washi tape, part of a sticky note and some iridescent mist spray. Edge with black ink. I also punched the top left corner with a corner punch and adhered a black and cream polka dot patterned paper behind that corner.
- Adhere geishas to background using dimensional adhesive. Because the card still needed something, I added some little strips of the patterned paper I used on the kimono on the bottom left on the background and a wood veneer arrow pointing to Louise geisha girl.
Another look at the Louise geisha girl ATC:
Maybe this will give you ideas on how to make your own silly and fun characters using different stamps together. Even if you decide to add some wings (from Wings or Mini Wings) to one of the Melange Women, Frida Por Vida, Louise, Sophie, Luc or Marcel you can come up with some whimsical additions to your cards, tags, art journal pages or any other project you are working on.
We would love to see your character creations. Add them to our flickr group, to Pinterest, comment with a link on this post or even email pictures to us!
Have a wonderful Wednesday,
Stamps: Earth & Sky, Louise, Melange Women 2
Ink: Memento by Tsukineko in tuxedo black; Jenni Bowlin for Ranger in Lemon Drop, Chicken Feed and Chili Powder; Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger in Black Soot
Cardstock: Georgia-Pacific in white
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon and Studio Calico
Other: washi tape; wood veneer arrow by Studio Calico; ink applicator tool by Tim /Ranger; tiny attacher and staples by Tim Holtz; corner punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; sticky note by Basic Grey; dimensional adhesive by Scotch; black pen by American Crafts