Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Greetings from Norma G


Hey there goblins & ghouls, Norma G here!!
Are you ready for all of the Halloween festivities?!  I know I am, I can't wait to show everyone one our costumes.  My hubby's is funny and mine is spooky but they go together like peanut butter and jelly, lol.  Since I've been working on our costumes this week I'm definitely in a Halloween mood so today I have a Spooktacular PWP card to share with you.



To make this card you're gonna need:
Black & Cream Cardstock
Exacto knife & White Gel Pen
Cuttlebug & The Fanciful Labels Plus Embossing Folder
Gesso & Black Stazon Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo & Spiced Marmalade
Black Embossing Powder & Black Bling

 It's that cool, let's get started putting this baby together!



I folded a piece of 12x12 cardstock then trimmed it down to 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 for my card base.  Then I cut a small piece of cardstock, stamped the Time Has Come stamp repeatedly to create a patterned paper and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo.


I used the postcard stamp from the Writings Backgrounds set with some gesso and just stamped it all over on both the front and back of the card.  I also inked all of the edges with Walnut stain.


I used the Build A Shrine set for this part.  I stamped the images on cream cardstock then used used Spiced Marmalade to color it in.   


I cut around the edges and slit the inner border with an Exacto knife to insert the other paper.


You can find the skeleton lady in both the Skeleton Melange and Skeletons sets.  I stamped both images with Black Soot and embossed, fussy cut around the Circle Frame and inked with Walnut Stain (I love inking, lol).


Time for layering!!  The 31st tag is from my stash (sorry can't remember who made it) and I inked it up with Spiced Marmalade & Walnut Stain.  I used Pop Dots on the Circle Frame and the shrine.  For the final touch I added some black bling flourishes by Recollections.


Moving on to the inside of my card, I used my Cuttlebug with the Fanciful Labels Plus Embossing Folder and inked with Walnut Stain.

The sentiment I used can be found on either Witchy Greetings or Witchy Halloween.  Finally I doodled around the edges with a white gel pen and that's it finito!!


Here's one last look at the finished card:

Thanks for joining us today!!

Have a fun, but above all else SAFE Halloween!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Norma - wow!

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...