Friday, October 19, 2012

Feature Friday - Happy Fall!

Hi Peeps!

It's Friday, and it's beginning to feel a little like fall, even down here in Texas!  I was inspired to create a fall wall / door decoration using some of Paper Wings Productions new stamps.


 
 
 
This wall hanging was so fun to make.  It's a mixture of spray ink and paper piecing that has so much dimension. This same "layout" would be great for a card as well.
 
Background:  The base is a page from an old Basic Grey chipboard book.  I really liked the shape of it and thought it would be fun.  I used a distress marker to write "there is no place like home" over and over, and used spray inks and distress ink to add more color.  One of the sprays was a walnut spray with copper pearl powder (love it!)
 
Door:  The door is stamped on a Studio Calico woodgrain paper, and then used distress markers to color in the panels and give them depth. I love how the wood grain paper looks with this door stamp.
 
Leaf Swag: This was first colored with distress markers, but later I added some colored pencil which worked better on this paper to keep the color intensity.
 
Accents:  All of the bows, topiaries and welcome sign were all stamped on white paper and colored with distress markers.
 
 
Everything was attached with foam tape which I think also added to the dimension of the piece.  Last, but not least, I added a tulle hanger with a bow to finish and tie it all together. Here is another closer look at the finished project.
 
 



I love the fall and the time leading up to this holiday season. If you are like me, this is one of the most fun times of the year to create handmade projects. Happy fall to you all,  happy stamping and creating!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Great door decoration, Julie. I love the colors, and I wish we had a longer fall season because it is my favorite time of the year also!
    p.s. I luv the new stamps you designed, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mindy! I know what you mean about the season - I'm so excited that it's gonna get colder this weekend!!! I Love this door set too - I think it will be a good set for any time of the year :)

      Delete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...