Friday, October 31, 2014

Featured Friday - Halloween Hodgepodge Mini Album - Part 2


Happy Halloween Paper Wings fans! Dana here today sharing more of my Halloween Hodgepodge mini album. I'm really loving the Halloween Hodgepodge Mixed Media Kit! I used the new kit as well as bits and pieces of previous Nesting Components Kits to create this album. If you missed my first mini album post this month, CLICK HERE. I've added the photos and some more stamping to the pages of my album and am sharing that today.



I've been pinning recipes all month long in preparation for my Halloween party and wanted to document some of the treats I'll be serving later tonight. I attached a photo of Black Velvet Cake to the page with Purple Lace Washi Tape. I added a small clip art image (Halloween 2 Clip Art Sheet) and a bat sequin to the corner of the page.



I included photos of my brother's family. Although we don't live close enough to trick-or-treat together, I still wanted to make note of their fantastic costumes! The colors in the image (top) from the Halloween 1 Clip Art Sheet matched my photos perfectly! I used the NEW Hombre Skeleton Cling Stamp and the Fall Add Ons Clear Stamp Set with a White Stamper's Big Brush Pen to dress up a piece of black cardstock (bottom). I added journaling with a White Uniball Pen.


My brother also dressed up his dogs! This is my favorite photo of their Boston Terrier Tobias as a killer whale. I embellished this page with an image from the Halloween 1 Clip Art Sheet, an envelope and label sticker from the Well Dressed Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit and a flower from my stash.



I'm trying to creep up my house for my party tonight. I have a spooky glow-in-the-dark ghost guarding my walkway. I framed him with a pair of ghosts from the Fall Add Ons Clear Stamp Set. and taped him down with a piece of Halloween Striped Washi Tape. I'm happy that I don't have to dust before my guests arrive! I'm adding more cobwebs and spiders to furniture and fixtures inside my home.


I'm looking forward to filling my skeleton cup from my skeleton drink dispenser! The skeleton rub-on I added to this page is from a previous Nesting Components Kit.


I topped a photo of my daughters in their costumes with this gorgeous purple frame (frames vary from kit to kit). I recorded the year on a hand-dyed tag and stamped "ghoulish" onto the bottom of the page using the Fall Add Ons Clear Stamp Set.



My girls are like night and day. My oldest is dressed as a Monster High character and my youngest is a flying mermaid (her costume idea!). I finished their pages with some leftover Halloween decorations and some journaling. I have a couple pages left to record some candid party pics.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you'll pick up the Halloween Hodgepodge Mixed Media Kit! The mix of products in this kit is really fun to work with.

Please come back and visit us next month for the November Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit reveal, the November Challenge and the November Blog Hop. We have more talented Guest Designers joining us and they're sure to inspire you!

2 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...