Hey everyone, Katie here for Tutorial Tuesday! Today I wanted to share these cards I created using the Vintage Technology stamps and my Copic markers.
Before we get started, I want to congratulate the winner of our Blog Hop Giveaway!
I love my Copic markers. They're pricey, but worth it! I'm honestly still pretty new at using the alcohol ink markers, but I wanted to show you guys how I use them to add depth to my stamped images by blending the colors.
Start by stamping your image onto cardstock (copic specific paper is even better but not necessary). Memento ink is the best for Copics!
For this technique you need 3 shades of one color.
1. Color your image with your lightest color.
2. In the areas where you think should be shadowed or darker, color with your 2nd (the medium shade) color.
3, Go over the edge of where the 2 colors meet with the light color, coloring in small circles along the edge.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 with your darkest color and in the far shadows.
How to make the dotted background:
1. Starting with your lightest color, place the very tip lightly down onto the paper to create a small dot. Keep adding tiny dots around your stamped image out in a circle.
2. Repeat with your medium color.
3. With your darkest color, keep the dots close around the middle around your stamped image.
So there you have it- a couple of easy Copic coloring techniques to use on fun stamps like the Vintage Technology stamps!
If you haven't joined in on the October challenge yet, all you have to do is create a project using a Halloween theme or the colors orange and black and link it here.