Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Los Animales Stamped Clay Trinket Dishes

Los Animales Cat Stamped and Painted Clay Trinket Dish by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

Hello! Dana Tatar here today sharing a fun tutorial that features the fantastic Los Animales Cling Stamp Set and ACTÍVA Hearty Air Dry Clay. I love crafting during the month of October. I already assembled a Halloween Mini Album, so I thought it would be enjoyable to create some trinket dishes for the Day of the Dead.

How to Stamp Air Dry Clay by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

Step 1: Roll out the clay into a flat disc. Firmly press a Los Animales cling stamp into the center of the clay. Press the stamped clay into a small dish and remove the excess clay. Carefully remove the wet clay from the dish and let dry overnight. Note: I used a glass dish as a mold for my clay. A free-form dish would also look amazing!

How to Paint Air Dry Clay with ColoriQue by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

Step 2: Paint the dishes and let dry. Note: I used ColorBox ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez to paint the inside of the dishes. I highlighted the edge of my dishes with Gold Lamé Smooch Accent Ink. Any ink or paint will work for this step.

How to Seal Air Dry Clay by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

Step 3: Seal the dishes. Note: I like a spray sealant for a smooth finish. Find Rust-Oleum Triple Thick Glaze in the hardware store.

Los Animales Dog Stamped and Painted Clay Trinket Dish by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

I really love these stamped animals! I hope I have inspired you to try working with a new medium. Air dry clay is easy to work with and is also great for beginners (like me!). Stop by the Paper Wings Productions Store to view the full selection of Day of the Dead Stamps.

If you used PWP products to create art, we'd love to see it! Share your creations with us on the Paper Wings Productions Facebook Page, in the Paper Wings Productions Facebook Share Group, or leave a link to your work here in the comments section.

 Day of the Dead Los Animales Trinket Dishes by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

3 comments:

  1. Dana, these are amazing! What a fun project! You've inspired me to make a jewelry tray for the bathroom sink! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...