Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Mini Album with Ruler Binding

Mixed Media Patterned Paper abd Fabric Mini Album with Ruler Binding

Hi friends! Dana Tatar here today sharing a mixed media mini album that I put together. I usually struggle with album binding, so this Tim Holtz Ruler Binding set was a quick and easy way for me to hold my album together. The only tool necessary was a standard hole punch. (The metal screws, washers, and wing nuts are included with the rulers.)

Patterned Paper and Fabric Scraps Cut to Size for a Mini Album

I started this album by cutting up pieces of scrap patterned papers, clip art sheets, acetate, and fabric, to measure 3.25 x 5 inches. To add strength to the album, and to help keep the paper pages from tearing, I used acetate for the front and back covers.

Colorful Mixed Media Mini Album Pages with Stamping and Embellishments

I'm still working on embellishing all the pages in this album. I added handwritten song lyrics, stamping, chipboard stickers, and words cut from patterned papers, to the pages shown above. The fabric pages add fun texture to this album. I used a safety pin to attach a silver foil bird to a fabric page. Stitched beads or charms, or iron-on patches, would also make great embellishments for the fabric pages.

I gathered the punched pages together and placed them onto the screws to bind them together. The album is held together by wing nuts that twist onto the screws. I have 40 pages in this album and still have about 1/4 inch of space on the screws if I decide to add more pages at a later date.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Paper Wings Productions Supplies:
Big Textures Cling Stamp Set
Spring Flowers Clip Art Sheet
Silver Foil Bird

Pin It!


Mixed Media Patterned Paper abd Fabric Mini Album with Ruler Binding

2 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...