Hello there! It's Shay here today to bring you Themed Thursday.
But first I need to toot the horn of the rest of the design team because they are doing a fabulous job!
Want to see what I mean? Of course you do!
Here are some recent posts to enjoy:
- Tara's awesome chalk art tutorial
- The whole design team's By The Sea blog hop projects
- Amber's pretty and sweet celestial card
- Dana's incredible mystic assemblage piece
- Norma's delightful stamping and embossing with gelatos tutorial
Wow! That's a whole lot of gorgeous inspiration.
Hopefully I can live up to what has preceded me. Let me know how I did!
I went for a set of bright and happy cards using the London and Paris stamp sets. Summer is the time of travel and although I am not travelling anytime in the foreseeable future, I can always dream and use these stamps to travel vicariously.
What I did:
1. I stamped an image from the London and Paris sets onto a piece of torn watercolor paper with VersaMark and heat embossed it using gold embossing powder.
2. I painted the piece of watercolor paper with watered down Distress Inks. Flicked water over the image and let it dry.
3. I stamped the postage seal and some of the handwriting from Text Melange or Text onto the piece of watercolor paper in grey ink.
4. For the background of each card I stamped in grey ink some images from Flourish Fun 1, Flourish Fun 2 and Text Melange or Text.
5. The final touch for the background were drops of gold color shine.
6. I adhered the watercolor panel to the card base with dimensional adhesive.
Voila! A bunch of fun cards. You can easily add a stamped or handwritten sentiment under the image or do all the writing inside.
We would *love* to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions stamps. Add your projects to Facebook, our flickr group, to Pinterest, comment with a link on this post or even email pictures to us!
Ink: mowed lawn, squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry and salty ocean, Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger; weather vane, Jenni Bowlin for Ranger; VersaMark, Tsukineko
Paper: white cardstock, Georgia Pacific; watercolor cold press 400 series 140 lb., Strathmore
Other: detail metallic gold, JudiKins; heat embossing gun; gold color shine, Heidi Swapp; dimensional adhesive