Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Stamped Canvas Heart Valentines

Stamped Canvas Heart Valentines by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

Hi friends! Dana Tatar here today sharing a quick Valentine tutorial. I used two craft materials that I love, canvas and mist, with Paper Wings Productions stamps to create this set of Valentines. I started this project with store-bought stitched canvas hearts, so all I needed to do to personalize these shapes was add color, stamp, and embellish.


Step 1: Prime the canvas hearts with a light spritzing of water. Wet canvas will readily absorb color. Next, spray the hearts with mist. I used several shades of red, orange, pink, and purple Tattered Angels mist. While the hearts were still wet, I stacked them and applied pressure to transfer colors from one heart to another. The results are similar to a tie dye effect with interesting spots of color.


Step 2: Stamp sentiments onto the canvas hearts with a permanent, waterproof ink. I used stamps from the Valentine Wishes Cling Stamp Set.


Step 3: Embellish! I finished my Valentines with some simple stitched buttons.

You can find the full selection of Valentine's Day stamp sets in the Holiday Section of the Paper Wings Productions Store. If you're looking to jumpstart your Valentines Day crafting, pick up the Valentine Mini Mixed Media Kit.

Pin It!


Stamped Canvas Heart Valentines Tutorial by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

2 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...