Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday - May Nesting Components Mini Album


Hi PWP fans!  Dana here today sharing a fun project that I created with the May Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit and some of my favorite quick and easy mixed media techniques.


Here is a peek of the May Nesting Components. You can read all about the kit contents HERE and can purchase this limited edition kit from the Paper Wings Productions Store while supplies last. When I saw the packages of Pink Paislee Journaling Cards and Paper Goods I immediately thought mini album!


I incorporated the majority of the kit contents into this album. I added color and designs to both the front and the back of each journaling card. I used the Thankful Clear Stamp Set for the sentiment on the cover and I tied everything together with a piece of seam binding.


I wanted this album to be pretty and practical so I also made a mini photo album with some of the smaller cards that were part of the Paper Goods embellishment package that ties into my larger album.


I added a gorgeous script pattern to the front of each Journaling Card with my favorite Background Writings Stamp and some gold embossing powder. To add a splash of color I scribbled several colors of Distress Markers onto a stamp block, spritzed the block with water, and then gently pressed the Journaling Card onto the block. Stamp pads will also work for this technique!


Once the Journaling Cards were dry, I embellished them with Paper Goods, flowers and rhinestones.


The back of each Journaling Card is blank. I used the She Art Coffee Filter Sheets and Pink Paislee Press Ons to add pattern and color to the cards. I used the Dylusions Ink Spray to add splatters of white paint to each card.


Like the front of the cards, I embellished several of the back of the cards with Paper Goods, flowers and rhinestones.


I used the Sticky Back Canvas ATCs and several of the clip art images for image transfers. The canvas adds some great texture to my album! To transfer images to the canvas ATCs, cut several images from the clip art sheet. Next, peel of the backing of the ATCs and apply the images, color side down, to the sticky backing of the ATC. Press down to seal the image to the ATC. Lightly score the back of the image with a pair of scissors and spritz with water. Then, gently rub the paper away to reveal the transferred image.


Here are my completed embellished image transfer cards.



Here are the front and back of my cards. The Pink Paislee Paper Goods package included two larger cards that I used for the front and back covers of my album.

Check back here for more projects with the kit. If you missed the posts from last week you'll want to go back and check them out! Shay created a series of fabulous cards using several stamp sets in innovative and clever ways. Tara shared a fun way to document and display vacation photos with a bright and fun framed collage.

If you make something with our products, we hope you will share! Visit us on FacebookFlickr Group, and Pinterest. Thanks for stopping by today and let your creativity take flight!

6 comments:

  1. Wow,this is gorgeous. Love all the great techniques you used. Very inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning mini album, Dana! I love all the beautiful details and techniques (love the use of the handwriting). You really rocked the Nesting Components Kit! Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is absolutely stunning!! All of the details are just amazing!! I love the techniques you used and the design!! Gorgeous!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, loving all the embellished image transfer cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic post, Dana. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana, this is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...