Monday, May 20, 2013

Mixed Media Monday - Grad Shadowbox!



Hi everyone! Tara C. here with a graduation celebration Mixed Media Monday.  It's graduation season and today I have the perfect gift for this high school rite of passage. I will be attending a special young lady's graduation in a few weeks and I wanted to create a memento to help her remember this special day.  Not that she is likely to ever forget the final day of mind numbing classes, bad lunches, crazy teachers..... but hopefully this little gift will help!



I purchased the shadowbox at Archivers and left it black as it is one of her schools colors. I took her graduation announcement and cut it up to use as decoration in some of the boxes and then combined them with fabulous Paper Wings Productions stamps!  


The largest box has a gorgeous damask background from the Backgrounds Cling stamp set that I also embossed with a few flourishes from Flourish Fun One in glossy black.  It also features a sweet little banner embossed in silver and colored with Copic Markers and some poms from Happy Day stamped in lilac.  I added in a grad cap cut with my Cricut and some painted and glitter misted stars. The perfect sentiment is from the Earth & Sky set.



I wanted to showcase her school logo cut directly from the announcement.  I only added a couple of stamped flourishes from the Flourish Fun One set.



I had to girly this box up so I added some rolled flowers on a background of silver and purple confetti from Happy Day.



The final box again features more of the pretty poms embossed in silver and colored in shades of purple and more flourishes.  Plus a few clear crystals for a bit of bling!

Thanks for visiting today! I hope you enjoyed my Mixed Media Monday project and that it inspires you to create handcrafted gifts for the grads in your life. Check out all of these fabulous stamps at the Paper Wings Productions store and come back and visit on Wednesday and Friday to see what the other designers have created for your viewing pleasure.

The Paper Wings Productions supplies used:

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love how you decorated it and personalized it, too!! This is just fabulous and so inspiring!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift idea! I have one of these shadow boxes waiting to be altered so I really appreciate the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Graduation memento, Tara. I'm sure your graduate will remember this special gift and YOU, every time she sees it. Thanks for your great inspiration!


    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun shadowbox design, love the colors.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tara! Wow this is such a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I'm sure she is going to love and cherish it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is fabulous Tara! Love the colors and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunningly pretty, memorable and personalized gift, Tara! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...