Monday, August 12, 2013

Mixed Media Monday - Black Eyed Susan Sun Catcher

Hi PWP fans! Dana here today sharing a quick and fun tutorial. Summer is almost over and I'm hanging on to the sunny days for as long as I can! To help capture the rays and bring them into my home, I altered this sun catcher.


The iridescent paint I used with the NEW Black Eyed Susan Cling Stamp Set really captures the light. This small piece has helped to brighten my space in a big way!


I used a black permanent ink to stamp the Black Eyed Susan design onto a piece of glass. My piece of glass was not a flat surface, so I did not use a stamping block.


 I then painted the stamped image.


I twisted a piece of wire around the glass to make a hanger for my sun catcher and added beads to finish.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to use your Paper Wings Productions Stamps on something other than paper. There are several new floral stamps available in the Paper Wings Productions Store.



11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project!! So creative a use for the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible project and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, What a great idea! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so creative and gorgeous!! What a beautiful sun catcher!! Love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - love the color combo. The beads are such a nice finishing touch. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never thought to make this kind of paper project! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful....love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dana, Glad you finally got to use your Black-Eyed Susan stamp! What a fun and creative use, to help enjoy the summer sunshine's warmth while indoors or outdoors. Very beautiful, my friend.
    TFS.
    Mindy
    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Dana!! I love it and I am going to have to give this a try!! Where did you get the glass?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool, Dana! I love this project and your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...