Thursday, August 8, 2013

Themed Thursday: Vintage Technology


Hello there peeps!  It's Shay here.  For today's Themed Thursday I was inspired by our recent Vintage Design Team Blog Hop.  A little side tracking here: I strenuously suggest checking out this month's Blog Hop if you have not already for awesome projects and to welcome our new design team members, Cathi and Irit.  Don't forget to also check out Irit's deco-riffic project in her very first post here on The Aviary and Dana's glorious tutorial and altered box

As a departure from my own blog hop project, I wanted to do a more colorful spin on vintage. 


I pulled out my well loved Vintage Technology stamp set and some other stamp sets like Flourish Fun 1, Day Framer, Life Framer and Tabs & Banners, some journaling cards, lots of patterned paper and a few other items. 

Card No. 1


The focal point of the card is a journal card I stamped the typewriter from Vintage Technology upon in black ink and colored in with Copics.  The sheet of paper also from Vintage Technology I stamped in black ink and wrote in the "hello" and attached to the typewriter.  I added a few haphazard layers of paper, another journaling card and punched cardstock.  I made sure to adhere the larger pieces only in the center.  I sewed the layers together following the banner shape of the journaling card.  I made sure to curl up the edges and distress the edges of the journaling card.  The photo corner is actually a corner of the Life Framer frame stamped onto patterned paper and trimmed.

I added bits of doily and glitter tape.  I adhered these layers to a white cardstock base that I stamped with Flourish Fun 1 in grey ink and sprinkled some drops of yellow mist.  Last I added some matte gold sequins.



Card No. 2


The focal point of the card is a journal card I stamped the telephone from Vintage Technology onto in black ink and then added a teal paper pieced telephone without the telephone wire onto the telephone stamped directly upon the journaling card.  I stamped the double ended banner on orange patterned paper and cut off one end.  On the banner I stamped "take note" from Day Framer.  I adhered the banner with the Tiny Attacher.  I added a few haphazard layers of paper.  I made sure to adhere the larger pieces only in the center.  I sewed the layers together.  I made sure to curl up the edges and distress the edges of the journaling card.  The photo corner is actually a corner of the Life Framer frame stamped onto patterned paper and trimmed.

I added bits of doily, washi and glitter tape.  I adhered these layers to a white cardstock base that I stamped with Flourish Fun 1 in grey ink and sprinkled some drops of green mist.  Last I added some matte gold sequins.


Card No. 3 (the 1970's card according to my sister)


The focal point of the card is a journal card I stamped the cassette tape from Vintage Technology upon in black ink and colored in with Copics and a little highlights using a Uniball white pen.  The "best day ever" is from the Day Framer and happily fits perfectly on the cassette.  I added a few haphazard layers of paper.  I made sure to adhere the larger pieces only in the center.  I sewed the layers together.  I made sure to curl up the edges and distress the edges of the journaling card.  The photo corner is actually a corner of the Life Framer frame stamped onto patterned paper and trimmed.

I added bits of doily and glitter tape.  I adhered these layers to a white cardstock base that I stamped with Flourish Fun 1 in grey ink and sprinkled some drops of orange mist.  Last I added some matte gold sequins.


You can use any sort of scraps of patterned paper or paper pads to change up the look of these sort of cards like I have done here.  If you are anything like me you have so much lovely patterned paper that this would be a great way to use it and be bold with your choices of pattern and color.  Also fun would be to just decorate journaling cards for scrapbooking and/or Project Life without making them into cards.

I hope you have enjoyed today's Themed Thursday.

We would *love* to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions stamps. Add your projects to Facebook, our flickr group, to Pinterest, comment with a link on this post or even email pictures to us!

Take flight,
Shay.

Supplies:
Stamps:

Ink: Memento in tuxedo black, Tsukineko; weather vane, Jenni Bowlin by Ranger
Journaling cards: Studio Calico
Cardstock: solar white, Neenah Paper
Patterned paper: enchanting "sisters" crazy daisy/blue without you from Just Dreamy 2 collection, My Mind's Eye; lucky me "sisters" forever rings from Abbey Road collection, My Mind's Eye; bloom & grow "bloom" vines from Bloom & Grow collection, My Mind's Eye; chicken pox from June Bug collection, Basic Grey; woolworths from Hometown collection, October Afternoon; canning jar from Modern Homemaker collection, October Afternoon; no. 2 pencil from Schoolhouse collection, October Afternoon; sketchbook 6x6 paper pad, Amy Tangerine/American Crafts
Other: colorless blender (0), cool gray no. 3 (C3), cool gray no. 7 (C7), cool shadow (BG10), moon white (BG11), mignonette (YG11), chartreuse (YG13), barium yellow (Y00), canary yellow (Y02) and loquat (YR12), Copic; black precision pen, American Crafts; signo white pen, Uniball; notebook border punch, Fiskars; sewing machine, Brother; buttercup, doris and sherbert Mister Huey's Color Mists, Studio Calico; 4" doilies, Hobby Lobby; matte gold sequins, Studio Calico; sunflower glitter tape, American Crafts; washi

6 comments:

  1. Love the cards, Shay! Thank you for taking the time to list all the materials you use. Such a nice addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Shay! I love all the colorful layers. Thanks so much for the inspiration. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shay, these cards are so cute! Love all the layers of paper & cute "photo corners".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, love all the layers and I just love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Shay!! I love all the bright colors and fun patterns. Oh and all those beautiful layers too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great stamps set for sure and you did fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...