Monday, September 29, 2014

Mixed Media Monday - ATC Cards

Mixed Media Monday, ATC Cards Paper Wings Productions created by www.serendipitystudiobycw.blogspot.com

Hello Again friends!  This is Carmen from Serendipity Studio and I'm back visiting at The Aviary to share with you a quick tutorial for ATC cards.  I love working on these little guys because you can pack so much creativity into a small space.  ATC cards are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and often used to trade with other artists.  It's a great way to share your style with other artists and collect them.


For these cards I will using the wonderful September Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit.  There are so many goodies in this kit that the only thing I had to supply was some paint and some gel medium.

Mixed Media Monday, ATC cards, Paper Wings Productions, created by www.serendipitystudiobycw.blogspot.com

I applied some scrapbook paper to a cardboard ATC card I had cut from a larger piece.  I love this film strip clip art that's in the kit.  It has a vintage and almost steam punk theme.

Mixed Media Monday, ATC cards, Paper Wings Productions, Created by www.serendipitystudiobycw.blogspot.com


mixed media monday at Paper Wings Productions, ATC cards, created by www.serendipitystudiobycw.blogspot.com

I love these letter stickers from Tim Holtz Idea-ology.  They look like marquee letters on this card.  I did seal them down with gel medium to secure them.

mixed media monday at Paper Wings Productions, ATC cards created by www.serendipitystudiobycw.blogspot.com

Here is the set I created today.  The cats only card has a beret and bow tie for the clip art cat that I painted with some metallic paint and added some Interference paint from DecoArt's Media Line for some more shimmer.  My favorite is probably the Queen Bee card.  The crown has gold metallic paint and white Signo Uniball pen.

mixed media Monday with Paper Wings Productions, ATC cards created by www.serendipitystudiobycw.blogspot.com

I hope you were inspired to create some beauty from this one kit.  To see what else you can make, check out Amanda's work from Spotlight Sunday.  

I've had so much fun visiting The Aviary this month, thank you to Carrie for giving me the opportunity and also to you for stopping by and reading my post. 









3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are awesome ATC card. Love the vintage feel you achieve with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Carmen! I really like the Queen Bee one too ;D

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...