Sunday, September 21, 2014

Spotlight Sunday: Vintage Domino Melange & Nouveau Stamps





Hi Creative Stampers & Artists! 
Welcome back to The Aviary!

Amanda here, & I am so super-dee-duper excited to be a guest artist 
for September here at Paper Wings Productions!
There are so many fabulous stamp sets to showcase - 
but my 2 absolute favourites are 
Vintage Domino Melange 
Nouveau.
They are both super stunning, beautifully cut and can be used in just about every creation!
One of my most loved uses is in art journalling - but the sad part is, nobody sees art journal pages hidden in a notebook....
So, today I wanted to share how to create an off-the-page Art Journal that highlights these magnificent stamps.

Here's how......

1. Start by selecting your canvas, or in my example a tin plaque.
(I picked mine up from one of those thrifty $2 variety stores)


2. Adhere your background paper with PVA glue. 
I chose a vintage, distressed paper that wasn't too busy. 


3. Use your scraps for collage! 
 - I have so many left over goodies from the
Well Dressed  Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit
that I just had to use them -

Click here to view this fabulous kit!

Torn pieces of the MME Market Street Paper Pad start my collage.


4. Keep collaging.
I also used a few of the Market Street Foil Accents, & the Tim Holtz Negative Strip 
that also form part of the Well Dressed Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit.


5. Get Inky!
I started by inking a doily - I wanted a much more sophisticated look than white.
I then added the first of a few of the Domino Vintage Melange Stamps in the bottom RH corner.


Here's a closer look at that stunning stamp.....
(Sooooooo gorgeous!)


6. More inky fun!
Go crazy with your stamping! 
I added another lady (top LH corner), repeat stamped a pattern, 
& even stamped a clock face onto some Kraft cardstock to add interest.


7. Time for that stunning Nouveau stamp to take centre stage!
Again, I stamped onto kraft cardstock for interest, 
added a few sentiments - Create Enchanted Moments, 
& embellished with more MME Market Street Shapes, Um Wow Chipboard & tie-dyed ribbon trim.  
Again, all from the Well Dressed Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit  
(Seriously an amazing kit to get creating with!)


Add a few blooms and a feather - or whatever takes your fancy.....
& Voila!
A stunning Art Journal Page that isn't hiding away,
 but proudly hanging on display!
And those incredible stamps - definitely the stars of this creation!!!


So now you know why they're my favourites! 
Truly so versatile and oh-so-pretty!
Hope you give this creation a go!


For more inspirational ideas, please visit my blog, 




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful collage Amanda! I really love those Nouveau stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool collage! These stamps are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...