Thursday, September 25, 2014

Themed Thursday - Wings


Hello Crafters!
Zoey's here again for another post as Guest Designer!
It seems I totally felt in love with the amazing For the Birds Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit that I can't stop using it! For this project I will use some products from the For the Birds Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit , Lindy's Sidekick - Prairie Wildflowers (Hibiscus Rose), Stamper's Big Brush Pen - Nougat and Bird Beauty Unmounted Stamp Sheet.


For my project I created one ATC and one TAG, I used the same exactly elements / materials and also the same stamps set.

First step was to cover my ATC with some scrap paper, I glued it down using gel medium, covered it with a bit of gesso mixed with water and then I used the Lindy's Flat Fabio to color over the collage


Then I added my stamping using Stamper's Big Brush Pen - Nougat as ink. Both the stamps I have used are from the fab set Bird Beauty Unmounted Stamp Sheet


Then I added some light modeling paste through the stencil from the For the Birds Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit - I also added some color around the stenciled image using Inktense pencils. 


For my final touches I simply added washi tape and the sentiment




I repeated the same exact step on my tag. I just moved few things around and changed the bird -- I also had more space so I could fit the sentiment straight. It was very interesting for me to try and repeat the same technique / process on different thing. It gave me more ideas and even more inspiration. So I really challange you to do something like this aswell! Create something and then try to repeat more or less the same thing on a different support. You will notice how fun it is!

Here is the TAG:





...and finally my both project close to each other! What do you think? 


And that is all for today Themed Thursday! The week is almost over so make sure you check out what our talented design team/guest design team created for you this week, here are some links:
A super fun tutorial that our lovely Erica shared with us on how to make a mini album just here and our Spotlight Sunday where the talented Amanda showed us how to use both Vintage Domino Melange and Nouveau Stamp!
Also you still have a bit of time to join our September challange, the theme is"use twine or ribbon".

I hope you had fun with me!
Stay Happy, Stay Creative...till next time! 











3 comments:

  1. Stunning Zoey! Love that bird stamp set! You showcased it beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them Zoey! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...