Good Monday peeps!
It's Shay here bringing you a fairy tale of a project for that little prince or princess in your life or the older prince and princess as everyone could use some magic in their lives.
Using the adorable Prince and Princess stamp sets by Liz B. of handmade by Lissie girl, the really cool trees from Howlin' For You by Erin Edelmann of Rag & Bone Studio and Hanging Stars by Liz A. of Fine & Fancy, I came up with a canvas with the quintessential castle and forest for my prince and princess.
Here are some basic directions of what I did:
- Paint a 12x12 canvas (or paper) with green and blue acrylic paints.
- Attach random bits of torn pattern paper to the green and blue sections and paint over edges with appropriate paint.
- Stamp in black and paper piece castle, prince, princess and horse drawn carriage using various pattern papers. Color in with various markers. Edge with black pen.
- Stamp trees in brown ink on pattern paper 4 times and attach to canvas. Paint over pattern paper with green and blue where appropriate. Paint over trees with brown paint to elongate trees. Stamp over bits of the painted trees with tree stamp.
- Stamp lines from Hanging Stars in black ink along the top of the canvas. Stamp over the lines to make longer lines in different areas. Punch out lots of stars from pattern paper. Attach to sky over lines sporadically.
- Attach castle, horse drawn carriage, prince and princess. Draw a road from the castle stamp road onto the rest of the canvas where the horse and carriage are using dark grey Copic marker. Edge it with black pen.
- Paint a free handed scallop edge around canvas with gold paint. Use a black pen/marker to loosely outline scallop edge.
- Stamp "Once upon a time" onto a label. Attach to top left of canvas.
More embellishment: Adding Stickles on to the stars and/or shimmer spray over canvas which I may do later. You could also use punches to punch out leaves for the trees.
The adorable prince and princess:
Fancy horse drawn carriage:
Banner waving castle:
Enchanted shadowed forest:
Stamps: Hanging Stars, Howlin' For You, Prince and Princess
Ink: Memento ink by Tsukineko in tuxedo black; Jenni Bowlin by Ranger in brown sugar
Pattern Paper: Kissing Booth 6x6 paper pad by Basic Grey; Paper Heart 6x6 paper pad by Crate Paper; Madison Avenue Lost and Found 6x6 paper pad by My Mind's Eye; Destination, Geographic, Great Scot, Harvest and Telegraph by Studio Calico
Cardstock: Neenah Papers in solar white
Tools: Signo gel pen in white by Uni-ball; Precision Pen by American Crafts in black; Memory Marker by American Crafts in chestnut; Copic markers; Glossy Accents by Ranger; Matte Multi-Medium by Claudine Hellmuth Studio by Ranger; craft smart acrylic paint in pool blue; Americana acrylic paint in turquoise blue; Claudine Hellmuth Studio by Ranger in landscape green; Folk Art acrylic paint in Metallic Antique Copper, Metallic Antique Gold
Embellishments: die cut label from K & Company's Julianne Vintage Label Die-cute Cardstock
I hope you have a fairy tale of a week!