Monday, November 18, 2013

Mixed Media Monday: Altered box




Hello my dear crafty friends! Irit is here again and this time with my most favorite Mixed Media Monday post. Today I am going to show you my totally recycled box (this was one of the boxes I kept after using my new web connecting device and I loved the box so much that I decided to keep and to alter it. ). I still have one more similar box for the future use and I will alter it shortly too.



 First I covered the box with TIM HOLTZ Kraft resist cardstock. You don't see the kraft color anymore? You wouldn't. After a massive misting with Lindy's Stamp Gang mists you can just see this lovely vintage colors. Then I stamped a bit of background stamping over it (not much seen after all... Sorry.)



The next step was to cut this gorgeous girly image from one of adorable clip sheets and to glue it over the cover. Then I added a bit of gesso using a mask and heat embossed with a glitter over the wet gesso. Another piece of clip paper - the clock- was cut and glued over the small half die cut doily and I stamped the sentiment over the pre made card embellishment. The last, but not the least, the die cut word Love was misted and glued over the cover.



 Metal and crystal handle was added over the front and I just love this shabby, but yet not too messy look. Usually I add more and more embellishments: blings, flowers, stems etc. But I really want to use this box, so the less is more and I decided to stop. Hope you like this small altered project and you love our PWP gorgeous clip art too. So easy to use, so effective and cheap. Go for it! Buy them all! You sure need them for your altered Mixed Media art.

6 comments:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...