Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My First Art Journal Page - What's Up Wednesday



Hello, Cathi here! This Wednesday I thought I would share with you my first art journal page I have created, featuring Paper Wings Productions stamps, images, and items from the kits and shop!

I started with a base of Cocklebells Coral and Azure Sea Asters Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Set- Mermaid Seashells sprayed on my page. I also did some masking with modeling paste and the chevron mask that we got in our August Nesting Components Kit. I wanted to keep focusing on being brave and trying new things, jumping in and just doing it, so I chose a sentiment from the Brave Girls Cling Stamp Set again, like I had on my cover, this time chosing "with brave wings she flies".  I added some stamps from the Angels Cling Stamp Set  to keep up my wings theme. I also chose some images from the Angel Clip Art Sheet and doodled my own set of wings for the little angel on a base of She Art tissue paper we got in the May Nesting Components Kit. I added more of this tissue, with great sayings on it randomly over the page.


I decided to journal some things I wanted to remember as I journey through my creative adventure.  Dream and Fly, Just Be Yourself, Be True To Your Style, Don't be Afraid to Try New Things...I also said Just Compete For Yourself, of course reading that back I think the way I was thinking of it in my head was more, just compete against yourself...don't compare yourself to others, just try to improve yourself!!

I added lots of random stamping using the text and postmark from the Text Melange Cling Stamp Set and the little angel got a crown from the Royal Melange Cling Stamp Set.


I added some lace from the August Nesting Components Kit and some gesso dots from another mask from the sold out April Nesting Components Kit. As a final touch, I doodled a border around the page. I am new to this, but I really enjoyed my first foray...going to try to be even braver next time!!



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful art journaling Cathi!! I love all of your doodling especially those angel wings. All of your journaling is fab too, way to kick off your art journaling :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page Cathi! I love all the texture and text on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe this is your first art journal page! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...