Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Joy to the World Ornament

Hello PWP Fans, Norma here with you today!!


I hope ya'll are doing well and enjoying all of the beautiful projects that my DT sistas have been sharing.  The days are going by so quickly and Christmas will be here before you know it so I'm trying my best to get the tree done and the rest of the house decorated.  Since I have a house full of guys, most of the decorating is left to me. Any who, with the holidays in full swing, I thought it would be fun to make a new ornament for our tree.


I altered a gift card tin to create this beautiful vintage inspired ornament.


I started out by stamping this beautiful fairy from the Fairy Friends stamp set.  She looks like an angel to me and the dove makes me think of peace, perfect for Christmas.  Next I created a mask to cover my fairy and then stamped/embossed the Starburst Pattern.


I colored her in with Prismacolor pencils then added Stickles to the dove and the flowers in her hair.  I also added small pearls to the center of the flowers.


I built the layers and then attached it my tin.  To create a woodsy scene, I used the pine tree from the Pines Cling Stamp set and the Acorns Elements stamp set.  I simply fussy cut each then used foam dots to add depth.


Once I was happy with all the layers, I glued her in the tin and added gold tinsel all around the inside edge.  I also added "Joy to the World" from the Wise Men stamp set.


To add the ribbon, I punched holes with my Cropadile.  I left the rest of the tin unfinished because really liked the look of the old rusty metal mixed with the tinsel, glitter and velvet ribbon.  I think she is gonna look beautiful on my tree (if I ever get it done, lol).  I'll add a pic of it on my tree to the PWP FB once my tree is done ;D


Don't forget to pick up one of the Dec Nesting Components kit, it's another beauty!!  Click HERE for all the details and to purchase your kit :D

Thank you so much for joining me today, have a wonderful day!!



5 comments:

  1. this is beautiful, Norma!! Your tree is going to be lovely if all of the ornaments are as pretty as this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning ornament! I love that you made it Christmas with non Christmas stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to use the tin! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, love the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh...love it Norma! The gold Sunburst background stamp looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...