Monday, December 16, 2013

Mixed Media Monday: Christmas ATC Trio

Hello, Katie here! I still consider myself fairly new to mixed media, but I've been trying to get more into it this past year. Today I'm sharing this fun Christmas themed ATC trio that I made.
I love Christmas projects, the colors are so festive and are easy to work with. (at least for me.) I stuck with the classic red and green Christmas colors for this ATC set.

 

I started by stamping the leafs from the Leaf Border Stamp Set out using a green Stampers Big Brush Pen. onto my ATC cards. I tilted the stamp a couple of times so that the design runs from one card to the next. I also went over them with the outline stamp in a black ink.


I went around my stamped designs with a matte medium and while the medium was still wet I stamped into it using a couple of stamps from the Sacred Geometry Stamp Set. You couldn't really even see the stamping until I went over the matte medium with a red gelato and then the stamps stood out and I think they give it much more texture.

To finish them off, I wrote out some lyrics from favorite Christmas cards and adhered those, added some bling, gold color shine and I also attached a couple of handmade resin birds.


If you make a project with Paper Wings Productions stamps please share it! You can link your projects to the Facebook page, the flickr group, or comment a link to your projects on this post! You can see all the Paper Wings Productions Rubber Cling Stamps here.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this ATC set Katie! The vibrant colors and bling are so festive. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ATC Trio Katie!! Love all the red and how you used the stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors on these, really fun!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...