Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday: Stamped and Image Transferred Soaps


 Before we get to our Tutorial Tuesday post, we want to announce the winner of our blog hop.  Congratulations to the winner!  Please contact Carrie at paperwingsproductions@hotmail.com for instructions on how to claim your prize.  

You must be very proud of your team, fantastic holiday treasures! I enjoyed each blog and was so in awe of the beauty of the mixed elements. Loved the HOP! I'm already a follower and will share on FB as well. Happy Holidays!!



Today I'd love to share another fun technique you can use with both Paper Wings Productions Clip Art Images and with their gorgeous stamps, image transferred soaps! I used the gorgeous December Nesting Component Kit clip art images for some of these soaps, along with the stamped one!

To start all you need is the soap, tissue paper and stamps or vintage images, and then some sort of glue and sealer, such as ModPodge, Gloss Gel Medium, or Glue and Seal...


First choose your image and stamp it onto white tissue paper. I chose this gorgeous image from the Winter Cling Stamp Set


Cut around your image to fit it onto your soap.


Using your gel medium, apply a layer onto the soap and place the image onto the gel. Smooth the image over the soap and then seal it onto the soap by layering another coating of the gel medium over the top of the image. You can use this to apply both the stamp tissue paper or vintage clip art.


The gel medium gives a lovely glossy sheen to the soaps and makes the stamped or printed images sink right into the soaps making for a lovely presentation. Now these soaps aren't going to have the images last long when you start using them, but they do make a lovely gift presentation!! I still keep many of my decorative soaps as decor.

These soaps will be given as a gift to a crafty friend of mine, so I had to make a card to go along with them. I used another clip art image from my December Nesting Components kit, Prima Delight paper and buttons from the November Nesting Components kit, and the Snowflake stamps from the Winter Mix it Up Clear Stamp Set.  I hope you will give the soap technique a try, it really is effective and a lot of fun!


There is lots of Christmas inspiration on the blog! Don't forget to check out Dana's gorgeous layout:


Norma has made a gorgeous ornament:


Thanks so much for stopping by!!!


5 comments:

  1. This is such a neat idea and they turned out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome projects! And thanks for the tutorial; I was always wondering how people did that! And CONGRATS TO DONNA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!! I'm so excited! Oh my gosh, what a great day. I truly loved the hop and each post, you all are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Donna, have fun shopping!!

    Cathi, I loved your tutorial. I'm sure your friend is going to LOVE this beautiful gift. Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial with us :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my these are fabulous! Thanks for sharing and these would make gorgeous Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...