Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday: Stamping in a Circle

Hi everyone, Katie here! Today I wanted to share a fun technique for stamping inside of a stencil or mask. I made a Christmas card using this technique, but since Christmas is tomorrow you are probably through with the Christmas card making. You can use this technique for so many things- not just Christmas!

For my card I used the Sacred Geometry Stamp Set and the Snapshot Framer Stamp Set which has some great Christmasy words that worked perfectly for my card.


Here's how I made my card:

1. Use a premade stencil or cut out your own circle stencil which is what I did. My circle is about 3.5" wide. Temporarily tape it to the front of your white cardstock.


2. Use your stamps to stamp in the circle, overlapping the sides of the stencil. By doing this, you'll end up with a nice circle shape when you remove the stencil.


3. Remove the stencil and admire your nice stamped circle! You can outline it if you want, but it's not necessary.

I can see this technique coming in handy for lots of things- Hearts for Valentines day, Circles for all occasions, backgrounds on layouts, etc!

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great holiday!

7 comments:

  1. that is so super cute! I love that it is all red, too. :) Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a very fun tutorial! Love the look of that handstamped ornament, so whimsical. I will def give this idea a try. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tutorial!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea!! Love how this looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun technique! You're so creative Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun technique Katie! Beautiful card too, TFS :D

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...