Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cutest Little Baby Face



Welcome!!!  Norma here with you today.  How's the new year treating so far?!  I hope you're staying nice and warm.  Okay so today I'm sharing a layout of my sweet little grand daughter.  We were blessed to have the whole family over and both of our older sons stayed over night so I was able to get lots of greats pics.   This pic is one of my favs.  I think she looks so stinkin cute!!


It's been really nice to FINALLY be able to do pretty little girl layouts!  Alright, let's get down to business, lol.  By now you know that I don't like to waste anything right.  So this layout is mostly made up of my Jan hop project scraps.  The background is cream colored cardstock that I used to spray the frame I made with the Lindy's Sidekicks.  The patterned papers were also hop project leftovers that I simply layers behind my photo.


I wanted to pull out the blue from her jammies so I used Cyan Colobox ink.  The stamp I used is from the Bird Lyrics set and it actually has the sentiment "Home is wherever I'm with you" but I only wanted the birds so I only inked that part of the stamp.


Whenever I create, I like to balance my colors around my composition to keep the eye moving.  So I used the same blue to create journaling lines and to frame my layout.  The stamps I used are from the Line Borders set, it comes with two different types of lines.


To help ground my photo, I stacked two of the Cosmo Cricket wooden pieces.  I made sure to line up the rain drops where the two pieces overlap.


To balance the visual weight of the wooden pieces, I added beautiful hanging pom pom flowers from the Happy Day stamp set.  I also added lace and polka dotted ribbon swagged across the top of the layout.


To finish off my layout, I added a little doodling and a chipboard sentiment  "You've got the Cutest little baby face".  Easy peasy and I used up some of the scraps from my Jan hop project, so no waste ;D  All of the beautiful patterned papers, wooden pieces and mist came from the Jan Nesting Components kit.


To pick up a kit, visit the online store.  Today Carrie and I are out at the Grapevine Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts Festival so if you're in the DFW area, we'd love for you to stop by our booth.  Carrie is working the shop and I'm hosting the make & takes!!  So come out and say hi :D


Thanks for joining me, have a wonderful weekend and I hope to see you at the show!!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute,Norma! I love how you used the Jan Nesting kit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty page Norma! I especially love how you used the Lines Border Stamp Set and all your scraps. Thanks for the inspiration! Have fun at the Art Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the misted background and the journaling you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally love the wings and scissors! your layout is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...