Sunday, January 19, 2014

Spotlight Sunday - Creative Girl Card with Dana


Hi Paper Wings fans! Dana here today sharing a card that I created with the Creative Girl Mixed Media Kit.


I added several of my favorite feminine touches to this romantic card including vintage text, ink splatters, gesso, glitter, and of course, stamping!


I selected a piece of neutral patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket Creative Girl paper pad. My card base measures 5.5 x 4.25 inches, so I cut the patterned paper slightly smaller. I distressed the paper using scissors, inked the edges, and then mounted the patterned paper onto my card base.


Gesso can be used as an adhesive, so I applied gesso to two areas of my patterned paper and then pressed a vintage book page down on top. Once the gesso dried, I ripped the excess paper off.


I added colorful ink splatters with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Nantucket Pearls Sidekick Set.


I wanted to add some sparkle to my card base, so I sprinkled on some Vintage Glass Glitter. I also added a doily that I attached with a colorful brad.


I selected an image from the Clip Art Sheet. I wanted the photo to look more aged, so I inked up the Vintage Lace Clear Stamp with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I laid the image under my stamp block to use as a guide and used a baby wipe to remove the ink from the stamp that overlapped the woman in my image. The result is a nice lace border around my image.


I wanted to define the edges of the image so I applied a gesso border by dipping the edges into some gesso that I applied to a scrap piece of paper (No brush required!).


I added some color to the woman's cheeks with a Distress Marker. I stamped a sentiment onto a tag using the "Joy" stamp from the Snapshot Framer Clear Stamp Set and tucked it behind the photo to finish my card.


Thanks for stopping by today! You can find more information about the Creative Girl Mixed Media Kit and the selection of new stamps HERE.  If you're looking for more inspiring projects that were created with the Creative Girl Mixed Media Kit, check out Norma's Layout and my Stamped Raindrop Bracelet.

We would love to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions Stamps so add your projects to our Flickr Group or our Facebook page. You can also find Paper Wings Productions on Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube!


6 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is sooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the vintage feel and the textures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I really love how you stamped on the clip art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love the background stamping you added to the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, I love this card! Especially love how you stamped the lace frame on the picture.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...