Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What's Up Wednesday: Dominos!!



Paper Wings Productions released some awesome new Vintage Domino Unmounted Stamp Sheets and Clip Art Sheets and I just NEEDED to play with them, so put in an order early this month!!  I got to work on them last night and made three necklaces, a magnet and a pin!  The process to create these isn't too complicated at all, and they really look great when you are done!

    

The centre domino necklace in the photo above is from the Domino Nature Clip Art Sheet , and custom made for a friend who loves crows :) I adhered the image and words with heavy gloss gel and covered with glossy accents to seal it. The gear and key as well as the bail have been adhered with E6000 glue.


To make the stamped necklaces there are a few more steps, but still quite an easy process. I colored some gorgeous backgrounds using Ranger Alcohol Inks and a felt applicator. 


 Using the applicator, just stamp and swirl around the colors on the domino till you are happy with the result.


Take your images from the Vintage Domino Unmounted Stamp Sheet and using Stazon Ink stamp the images onto the dominos. Glue on your embellishments and bail with E6000.


I also decided to try out making some dominos into magnets and pins. I chose to use some images from the Domino Vintage Cuties Clip Art Sheet. Again, I adhered the paper to the domino using Gloss Gel Medium and finished the sides of the dominos with some alcohol inks.



I am sorry to say that my term on the Paper Wings Production Design Team finishes with this post and I will be moving on. I have really enjoyed being on this team, working with the great stamps and mixed media kits!! Thank you so much Carrie for giving me the opportunity to work with you and the team!

5 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! I'll miss your awesome posts here on the blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun projects Cathi! Thanks for all the inspiration this term! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dominoes, Cathi. Thanks for sharing your talents with us, and all the best in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go out with a bang Cathi! These are gorgeous, I LOVE them :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Cathi, the colors are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful creations with us!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...