Saturday, January 25, 2014

Scrapbook Saturday

Hello!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  Erica here today from the Midwest and we are freezing!  I can not wait until winter is over!  Today I want to share with you a layout I created using the January Nesting Components Kit and a great way to use up the small strips of pattern paper that we all have laying around!  I know I always have a ton of them and I hate to toss them out!  I found a layout on Pinterest that inspired me to put these strips to good use!  I am starting with a black 12x12 piece of cardstock for my background, a white strip of cardstock measuring 4x12 and different scraps of the 8x8 paper pad that comes in the kit that I have cut down to 4 inches wide and various heights.  The paper pad is from October Afternoon and it is from the Creative Girl collection.
I am using a photo that was taken a couple weeks ago of myself and one of my best friends!  I placed my strips of paper in the order that I wanted them to be in and then applied adhesive all over the white strip of cardstock and adhered the strips to the white cardstock.

Next I inked up some of the images from the Art Textures Cling Stamp in white pigment ink in different areas on my layout and then adhered the strip to my black base.

 Once the ink was dry I was ready to add some layers, stamping and embellishments and my layout was complete!  I used a couple different stamp sets of  to stamp out the sentiments on the strip of patterned paper including Detail Framer and Vintage Technology and even created a small flair badge with the word hello stamped onto some pattern paper.


The Flight Attendants here at The Aviary have been busy creating amazing projects and here are a few you do not want to miss

Katie-Coffee and Tea Cards
Norma-What a Wonderful World
Dana-Creative Girl Card

We still have a couple January Nesting Components Kits available in the Paper Wings Productions Shop so if you wanted to get your hands on one of them now is the time!!  Also our January Stamp of the Month is still available for 40% off this month and comes with a full color print out of sample ideas.  Thank you so much for stopping today!  I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend and remember to let your creativity take flight!

6 comments:

  1. Love this Erica! I am so going to try that strip idea for a layout, only mine will be on Kraft, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lynn!! I think it would look cute on a card as well!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful layout Erica and beautiful pic too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea of the many strips of paper for background! I may have to try a variation of this! So pretty!:)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...